There’s a new mystery at the Opera House…
and we need YOUR help! Do you have what it takes to solve the case? Grab your friends and join us at the Opera House for a one-of-a-kind escape room style murder-mystery. Bringing together the best elements of immersive theater and escape room style puzzles, you’ll experience the Opera House like never before. Will you be able to solve the mystery before your hour runs out? Only time will tell!
The Opera House staff is proud to present a brand new original storyline set in the year 1927 where, working together with an amazing cast of actors and volunteers, we can bring this historical fiction to life! Immersive theater means you can interact with the characters you meet along the way! Your first hint? Listen closely to what the characters have to say. You will miss vital information needed to solve the case.
Mysterious coded letters, puzzles, locks, riddles and more! This escape room style experience is designed so that families and friends can enjoy working together to solve the case, and be immersed in a fictional storyline where everyone plays a role. Ages 8 and up are welcome to participate, but the case will not be easy to crack! Challenges await you at every turn, and trust us, it’s not as easy as you’d think.
Time Slots and Ticket Information
- $15 per person
- No more than 10 people per team
- Smaller groups will be combined at the discretion of the Opera House staff.
- To avoid the possibility of being combined with another group, you can purchase the hour for $125
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (830)278-4184 for more information, and to book your time slot.
Time slots will begin at the top of every hour.
Thursday, Oct. 28th: 6-9 PM. 4 Time Slots Available
Friday, Oct. 29th: 6-10 PM. 5 Time Slots Available
Saturday, Oct. 30th: 12-10 PM. 11 Time Slots Available.
- No groups larger than 10 people will be allowed to participate.
- Each group will be assigned a friendly ghost guide that can provide hints and help as is necessary.
- No child under the age of 7 years old will be allowed to participate due to the nature of the Mystery. There is a possibility for children to be frightened to the point where they would have to exit the game. We want everyone to have an enjoyable time.
- All team members must be present in order to begin the game. Late entry into the game will not be permitted.
- All team members must arrive within 10 minutes of the appointed starting time. If your team is late past the 10 minute grace period, the clock will start whether you’re here or not. Being late only cuts down on your time to enjoy and solve the game. If you should arrive late resulting in reduced game playing time, you will not be issued a refund.
- In the event that your team does not solve the game in the allotted hour time slot, a refund will not be issued.
- Most of our characters are inspired by real people with some exceptions. The storyline is completely fictional, original to the imaginations of the Opera House staff, and is not based on truth, even though elements of it are historically accurate.
- Phones are permitted, (i.e. flashlight) however, please refrain from using them to solve puzzles along the way. While we realize some of the puzzles will be challenging, we encourage you to work as a group, it’s much more fun this way!
- Under no circumstance will anyone be allowed to touch our actors or volunteers for any reason.
- DO NOT FORCE THE PROPS TO MOVE, UNLOCK, OR OPEN. If they do not give when you attempt to undo the puzzle, try solving it a different way. Do not yank, tug, pull, or break any prop in order to move forward in the storyline. Ghost guides will be able to help after a predetermined amount of time is spent attempting to solve the puzzle.
- There are no weapons allowed on the premises, as the Opera House is owned and operated by the City of Uvalde, and is government property.
- ALL WEAPONS USED BY THE ACTORS ARE PROPS.
- CAN BE MADE WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE — If you cannot use the stairs for any reason, we will need to know in advance to make necessary changes to the game so that all team members can participate. Almost every room in the Opera House will be utilized as part of the storyline. Stairs are included in this. We have an elevator, but there is one area in the game that is not accessible by elevator. Therefore, advance notice is required so we can accommodate all team members!
Groups must cancel on or before Friday, October 22nd to receive a refund, less processing fees. Partial refunds at the discretion of the Opera House Manager.