There’s been a murder…
and we need YOUR help! Do you have what it takes to solve the case? Grab your friends and join us at the Opera House for a one-of-a-kind escape room style murder-mystery. Bringing together the best elements of immersive theater and escape room style puzzles, you’ll experience the Opera House like never before. Will you be able to solve the mystery and catch the killer before your hour runs out? Only time will tell!
The Opera House staff is proud to present this original storyline set in the year 1916 where, working together with an amazing cast of actors and volunteers, we can bring this historical fiction to life! Immersive theater means you can interact with the characters you meet along the way! Chat with the ghosts of the Opera House and learn about our history in a new, exciting way as you work to solve the clues and catch the killer.
Mysterious coded letters, puzzles, locks, riddles and more! This escape room style experience is designed so that families can enjoy working together to solve the case, learn about the Opera House, and be immersed in a fictional storyline where everyone plays a role. Ages 8 and up are welcome to participate, but the case will not be easy to crack! Challenges await you at every turn, and trust us, it’s not as easy as you’d think.
- No groups larger than 8 people will be allowed to participate due to social distancing guidelines.
- Each group will be assigned a friendly ghost guide that can provide hints and help as is necessary.
- Groups will not be combined, your group will be the only group solving the mystery during the allotted time slot.
- Masks will be required.
- Social distance from your ghost guide when you can, your group will not be asked to distance from the other members of your group.
- No one under the age of 8 will be allowed to participate due to the nature of the game being about solving a murder and catching a killer. We do not want any child to have a bad experience, or be frightened at any time, for any reason.
- All team members must be present in order to begin the game. Late entry into the game will not be permitted.
- All team members must arrive within 10 minutes of the appointed starting time. If your team is late past the 10 minute grace period, the clock will start whether you’re here or not. Being late only cuts down on your time to enjoy and solve the game. If you should arrive late resulting in reduced game playing time, you will not be issued a refund.
- In the event that your team does not solve the game in the allotted hour time slot, a refund will not be issued.
- All of our characters are inspired by real people and real events, except for the murder. The murder storyline is completely fictional, original to the imaginations of the Opera House staff, and is not based on any truth. There has never been a murder at the Opera House at any point in our history.
- Phones are welcome, however, please refrain from using them to solve puzzles along the way. While we realize some of the puzzles will be challenging, we encourage you to work as a group, it’s much more fun this way!
- Under no circumstance will anyone be allowed to touch our actors or volunteers for any reason.
- DO NOT FORCE THE PROPS TO MOVE, UNLOCK, OR OPEN. If they do not give when you attempt to undo the puzzle, try solving it a different way. Do not yank, tug, pull, or break any prop in order to move forward in the storyline.
- There are no weapons allowed on the premises, as the Opera House is owned and operated by the City of Uvalde, and is government property.
- ALL WEAPONS USED BY THE ACTORS ARE PROPS.
- CAN BE MADE WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE — If you cannot use the stairs for any reason, we will need to know in advance to make necessary changes to the game so that all team members can participate. Almost every room in the Opera House will be utilized as part of the storyline. Stairs are included in this. We have an elevator, but there is one area in the game that is not accessible by elevator. Therefore, advance notice is required so we can accommodate all team members!
Groups must cancel on or before Friday, October 23rd to receive a refund. We will not issue partial refunds.